Who doesn’t use social media these days? There is a huge potential audience there to advertise to. Facebook now has around 1.65 billion active monthly users. Advertising on this platform could really help your business. However, setting up a successful ad campaign on the platform can be confusing. Choosing the right types of facebook ads for your business is key.
The first thing you need to decide about your Facebook ad campaign is what you want to achieve from it. This article will take you through the different objectives that Facebook offers for your ads, and how to choose which is right for you.
The marketing objectives for Facebook ads are currently split into the following three categories:
This category is about raising awareness for your brand or business among your target audience, and there are a number of things you can do.
- Boost your posts - Promote a specific post to get it seen by more people. This is ideal if you want to promote a sale or an event.
- Promote your page – Get more likes for your Facebook page so you can reach a wider audience.
- Reach people near your business – If you’re a local business, let people nearby know who and where you are.
- Increase brand awareness – Generally raise awareness of your brand by reaching the people who are likely to interact with your ads.
These types of facebook ads help you to find potential customers for your business on Facebook, giving you a new marketing channel.
- Send people to your website – Use your Facebook page to get more traffic to your website.
- Get installs of your app – If you have a mobile or desktop app for your business you can boost its success by encouraging more people to install it.
- Raise attendance at your event – Promote an event you are running to increase attendance.
- Get video views – Promote a video on the platform to get more people to watch it.
- Collect leads for your business – Create and promote a sign-up form to collect valuable information from your audience.
If you want to convert more leads and get more sales for your business, there are three types of facebook ads to help you achieve this
- Increase conversions on your website – The consideration ad type gets people to your website, and this one helps them to convert once they’re there. Encourage users to perform a desired action on your website.
- Increase engagement with your app – Promote your mobile or desktop app and encourage users to use it and engage.
- Get people to claim your offer – If you have a special offer running, this ad helps you to promote it and get more people to claim it.
Once you’ve made this decision, you can then decide what kind of audience you are targeting, where and when you want to display the ad, and how much you want to spend.
Hopefully this guide has given you an idea of what you can achieve using Facebook advertising.