Janet Muto is a featured contributor to The Impact of AI on Modern Marketing: 50 Categories Ranked, 70 Experts Sound Off report.
Here's the complete contribution:
Marketing already has a rich history with AI to build upon, with solutions that go back years and already impact each one of us nearly every day. The entire world of marketing analytics (think left brain) has been propelled by these algorithms. For example:
- Amazon,Target, Netflix, and Pandora (and many others) use algorithms to both curate and then recommend and target you with their products based on your past purchases and matches with lookalike audiences.
- Companies like Crimson Hexagon have been deployed by many businesses to listen to what their customers are saying about them online and to anticipate trends and behavior.
The next challenge is to understand why people do what they do (e.g. understand both emotional and rational response) via machine learning, and ultimately make recommendations on both design and content that will enhance their experience and increase their response.
To make that happen, we will need to include many of the current technologies in AI with new ones, including natural language processing (NLP), computer vision, sentiment analysis and machine learning to both understand and predict behavior (adding right brain into the learning).
- Read the complete report: The Impact of AI on Modern Marketing: 50 Categories Ranked, 70 Experts Sound Off
- Access full contributions to this report: #future of ai
- Help Janet promote this contribution using the sharing bar on your left.