The majority of individuals check emails on their mobile devices before they sit in front of their desktop computers for the day. Mobile device use is soaring, and businesses need to consider mobile users when they create and design their emails. If they don’t, their emails risk ending up in the Delete folder before their messages are read.
Mobile email options
If you haven’t started creating email marketing messages for mobile users, there are two types of layouts you need to understand.
Mobile-friendly emails have one design that works well on mobile and desktop devices. Mobile-friendly emails require less work for your business because you only have to create one design. The e-mail looks the same across all devices.
The downside to mobile-friendly is that not all mobile device screens are the same size. Your message may be easily read on one device and difficult to see on another device.
Mobile responsive emails take mobile-friendly a few steps further. These emails are designed to automatically adjust to fit the screen they are being viewed on. Font size, graphics, and content are condensed when necessary so the user can see the important parts of your message.
Not every device or e-mail provider recognizes mobile-responsive designs. It is important for businesses to create emails that automatically convert to the right format in these cases.
What do you gain?
Here are six reasons you need to start creating mobile emails
- More eyes on your message. The easier your message is to view on a mobile device, the more likely your customer will read it. Messages that are difficult to navigate and require scrolling back and forth to see the content cause frustration and end up deleted. If you send emails like these too many times, people will unsubscribe from your list.
- Increased engagement. You’ll make it easier for customers to click and engage with your emails on their mobile devices. Once they click on your call to action, they are more committed to converting to the next step.
- Make the most of your one chance. Spots in users’ inboxes are prime real estate. If they don’t do something with the e-mail when they first open it, they won’t save it to view on their desktop later. Make sure they take action on the device they are most likely to open your message on.
- Increase in sales. Higher engagement rates lead to increased conversions and sales. Every business’s main goal is to generate revenue. Mobile emails are an easy step to meet that goal.
- Step ahead of your competition. It’s surprising that so many businesses are lagging on the importance of mobile emails. Stay in front of your competition – When their users get frustrated, they can come to you and get the information they want where they want it.
- It’s not complicated. E-mail service providers like Aweber and MailChimp have simplified the process for their customers. E-mails are automatically created for mobile users with no extra work from you.
Make sure your emails are getting read by creating them with the mobile user in mind.